In 1913, St. Mary’s Catholic Independent School was established in beautiful downtown Cranbrook, BC. The original building was the most prominent building in the Baker Hill Heritage District of the city. The building went on to house ‘Tenth Avenue School’ for 30 years and the former Cranbrook High School for another 30 years. Currently the school sits on a different site of over 5 acres of gorgeous land bordering the creek and rotary trails. This site was established in 1965. The school has been recently renovated; it is a bright and exceptional learning space for students in Kindergarten through Grade 6. St. Mary’s has a vision of being a full service community school and operates a licensed 16 space day care for children 30 months and up and an After School program as well.